Thursday 6 March 2014





DAVAMANI'S EMISSARY AT MY DOOR STEP: Dr. KARUNYAL SENT ON SPECIAL MISSION 






Yesterday around 7 PM, the door bell rang and my caretaker announced the arrival of a 'madam'. I asked him to let her in. It was Dr. Karunyal, Dean of Policies, American college. I was surprised. I thought that she came to invite me for a marriage or something. But to my sheer amusement, she said she came to get my signature in the Academic Council minutes which I failed to sign long ago when I was the Principal by way of sheer omission. This could be placed before the Academic Council now for approval. (it is a pity, this is the first Academic Council meeting ever since I left in 2010).

I, for a while, wondered that Dr. Karunyal suffered somnambulism (sleep walking) and wrongly walked into my house. So with great care, I tried to explain to her that I retired in 2010 and the house in which I live is my own and it is 5 kms away from AC Campus and the present Principal is Davamani who lives there in 'Morning Side'. But she said she was on a mission to serve the general interest of the college and I must cooperate by signing the minutes. She said, otherwise the faculty would not allow that to be passed.

Hearing this, I heartily laughed and said,"Oh Karunyal poor you! You don't seem to understand the powers of Principal Davamani. He is a Master of Documents (M.D. Jointly awarded by AU and MKU). He knows how to fabricate a document- academic or otherwise. My signature is nothing. He can fabricate one more for the Council next day.

"No sir, I don't normally tell a lie. So why, I took upon my self the responsibility to set things right."

I responded to her saying "You don't need to tell lies. You get up in the faculty meeting and tell the following: ' Former Principal Chinnaraj had signed several documents. One such was Form VI, a statutory one. Even that was thrown to the wind and the Princial-in-charge was violently driven out of office and occupied by Mohan... If he signs any document now, it is worthy of only one purpose....for wiping one's..... So he asked me not to pester. But he also requested me tell you all, particularly Davamani that his present mission is to catch thieves and fraudsters and help police put them behind bars. So why, he is active on facebook and the blog.(He does not need a license for that, from American College authorities and certain faculty). The resolution be passed by document prepared by Davamani"

She looked puzzled. Then as former colleagues we exchanged pleasantries. I extended my hospitality too.

I just stepped out to see her off. Then I saw the college car waiting and a Davamani's hatchet man and a thug waiting to drive her away.

Then I stared wondering ...A peace mission? A spy mission? Or, Simple sneaking in?
                                  
Hello Davamani, stop your small tricks.                  

Note: One can share/download materials from my facebook/blog. Don't apply to Madras High Court as a good old friend of mine did yesterday out of ignorance.
CHINNARAJ JOSEPH
                                                                   06-03-2014




No comments:

Post a Comment